- This event has passed.
10830NAT Coursein Crystalline Silica Exposure Prevention – 30.7.2020
July 30 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Course in Crystalline Silica Exposure Prevention specifies the outcomes required to recognise the workplace health and safety risks and hazards inherent in working with crystalline silica containing products and to determine and plan for the implementation of safe systems of work aimed at reducing exposure to within mandatory exposure limits. The course outcomes apply to building and constructions workers, jewellery industry workers, do It yourself (DIY) enthusiasts and anyone where the health and well-being is at risk through exposure to crystalline silica dust.
Participants will be able to identify and apply the following knowledge within the context of their job roles for their own safety and the safety of fellow workers and bystanders:
- Identification of crystalline silica containing products
- The relevant legislation, guidelines and standards
- The consequences, hazards and risks to health due to exposure
- Exposure standards
- Safety Data Sheets
- Hierarchy of Controls
- Systems for prevention of exposure
- Risk assessments and hazard prevention
Duration: 4 hours
This course is delivered face to face and/or by web based delivery and assessment.
Retail: $400 GST Free
GAP Price: $260 GST Free
- For participants to be eligible for the GAP price, they must meet the requirements from the ACT Building and Construction Industry Training Fund Authority Training fund authority.
- An Eligible person is any person usually working in or in connection with the building and construction industry in the ACT who is substantially (at least 80%) performing “work liable for the training levy” or is a person deemed as an eligible person on application to the authority.
The course may help you meet your lawful obligations to Part 3.2, Division 7, Clause 49 of the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011