CPCCWHS1001 – Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry
This course is the certificate that is required to obtain the National Construction Induction Card, which is required by any person wishing to undertake construction work.
The course covers a range of topics, including:
- demonstrating personal awareness of work health and safety to work safe and prevent workplace injuries or harm (duty of care)
- demonstrating personal awareness of work health and safety legislative requirements
- how to identify and report on common construction hazards
- understanding basic risk control measures
- identifying procedures for responding to potential incidents and emergencies
- correctly selecting and fitting common personal protective equipment (PPE) used for construction work
The Course Duration is 6-8 hours.
Retail: $210 GST Free
GAP Price: $130 GST Free
- For participants to be eligible for the GAP price, they must meet the requirements from the ACT Building and Construction Industry Training Fund Authority Training fund authority.
- An Eligible person is any person usually working in or in connection with the building and construction industry in the ACT who is substantially (at least 80%) performing “work liable for the training levy” or is a person deemed as an eligible person on application to the authority.
The National WHS Induction for Construction is a requirement under part 6.5 of the Work Health & Safety Regulation 2011.
Delivery method: Face to Face