Health and Safety Representative Training as approved by the WorkSafe ACT Commissioner
This course provides the participants with the skills and knowledge to grasp the concept of Work Health and Safety and the broader legislative environment requirements. Completing this course enables participants to successfully fulfil the WSR role within their workplace.
Below are some topics that are covered in this course:
- Interpret WHS legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR
- Identify key parties, legislative publications, and duties
- Establish representation in the workplace
- Participate in consultation and problem resolution
- Represent members in the WHS risk management process undertaken by the PCBU
- Issue a PIN and direct the cessation of work.
This course is delivered face to face and the duration is 5 days.
Delivery method change due to COVID 19- No face to face training will be undertaken due to the health risks of COVID 19. Instead we will be delivering via web based delivery.