11084NAT – Course in asbestos awareness
There is no safe level of exposure to asbestos fibres. We must all observe safety precautions when removing or working with asbestos. Ignorance may lead to exposing oneself and others, such as family and co-workers to long-term health risks. Our Asbestos Awareness course specifies the outcomes required to recognise the workplace health and safety risks and hazards associated with asbestos in the workplace. By completing the course, participants will gain the necessary knowledge and skills to identify when and where asbestos and asbestos containing material (ACM) may be present, the precautions that need to be taken if it is present and reporting procedures that are required.
This course covers a range of topics, including:
- learn about the history of asbestos
- identify the different types of asbestos
- understand the hazards and effects of asbestos
- understand the legislation governing asbestos
- reporting procedures for asbestos products
The course duration is 4 hours
Retail: $250 GST Free
GAP Price: $155 GST Free
- For participants to be eligible for the GAP price, they must meet the requirements from the ACT Building and Construction Industry Training Fund Authority Training fund authority.
- An Eligible person is any person usually working in or in connection with the building and construction industry in the ACT who is substantially (at least 80%) performing “work liable for the training levy” or is a person deemed as an eligible person on application to the authority.
This may help you meet your lawful obligation to Section 445 of the Work Health & Safety Regulation 2011
Delivery method: Face to Face, Face to Screen web based delivery also available. Please contact the office.