Workplace Gender Equity Awareness (Safe and Respectful Workplace)
Gendered violence in the construction industry and how to prevent it
A joint CFMEU and CSI workshop
Safe and Respectful Workplaces is a construction industry appropriate Gender Equity training course/workshop. This construction industry focus means that this workshop is uniquely adapted to construction industry Work Health and Safety practices while delivering Active Bystander/Gender Equity training.
The workshop has been developed as a result of extensive research and consultation with construction workers both in the ACT and in other Australian states and draws on current best practice and expertise in the field of gender equity.
Participants in this three-hour workshop will:
- Apply Hazard Identification techniques to understand:
- what gendered violence is
- the WHS impacts of gendered violence.
- how discriminatory/ inequitable behaviour based on gender manifests in the workplace.
- Conduct a Risk Assessment which takes into account the injuries, impacts and health risks of gendered violence, and is based on an understanding of the drivers of gendered violence in the workplace context.
- Learn about Control Measures including obligations as a worker to prevent and address gendered violence.
- Practice workplace skills to be able to identify and prevent gendered violence, including understanding reporting options, supporting those affected by gendered violence and active bystander approaches.
The Course Duration is 3 hours
Delivery method: Face to Face